Having worked in the electrical industry for 10 years, Jono has had ample opportunities to gain insight into what the majority of customers place value in when seeking out an electrical business to fulfil the requirements of the job they are needing to be done.
He believes that it can be distilled down into 4 things:
As the contracted business;-
- operating with integrity at all times and in all circumstances,
- having a level of care and respect for the client’s property such that we treat it like it’s our own – this can be shown just by the simple act of cleaning up after ourselves,
- listening to what the client wants with an attention to detail, enabling us to deliver the finished job exceeding the client’s expectations,
- pricing our jobs fairly and never price gouging.
Knowing that working for anyone else he would never be able to deliver on all 4 of these values, to his satisfaction, this was the driving force behind him starting up Integrity Electrical.
With the business starting out with Jono on the tools and his wife Rachel assisting in the office, Integrity Electrical is in a unique position to be able to offer a very personalised and high level of customer service to all our clients and as the business grows this will remain a core value of our team.
Currently our services are focused around the residential and commercial industries, with a particular focus on servicing the real estate sector. We also offer additional services in the data and communications industry and we are continuing to expand our services as we grow.
Get to know Jono
- Keeping balance in life is important to being able to operate a business successfully. That’s why Jono loves to have fun when he’s not working. He loves doing anything that is adrenaline inducing (that’s legal of course) and is always up for a good laugh and stir with his friends. If you mention motor sports to Jono, you’ll always get the response that 2 wheels are more fun than 4. He absolutely loves following motorsports whether it involves cars or motorbikes.
- If Jono isn’t watching a race, then he can be found keeping fit or getting involved in anything music related. With a love for the music industry, he has learnt a lot along the way about audio engineering and mixing for live bands.
- Jono is passionate about making sure things are done to the highest possible standard, whether that is in any of his hobbies or carrying out work for our clients.
A bit about Rachel
Describing Rachel in a nutshell is all things natural and healthy, and pets, pets, and more pets. Alongside doing office work for Integrity Electrical, Rachel is a qualified naturopath. With such a strong passion for helping people, Rachel is constantly looking for ways to help people achieve their life goals.
Rachel is always looking for ways to challenge herself and push beyond normal boundaries, having taken the leap and accomplished both sky diving jumps and bungy jumps. All of the fun, talents and skills that Rachel has gained over her years of experience allows her to be a valuable support for Jono and looking after the office.
“FAIRNESS FOR ALL”
This statement on its own can be quite ambiguous and take on many different meanings. However, for Jono and Integrity Electrical as a whole, this statement creates the framework for how we operate in every area of our business.
To give a little bit of a backstory as to why this statement and way of operating the business is so important to us:
“You don’t have to have spent very long in the industry to hear stories from people about being ripped off, or jobs going horribly wrong and not being fixed or just straight up corrupt business dealings. It was hearing these stories and reading many others that drove me to want to build a business that operated with a culture of trading fairly and with integrity. Considering the vastness of the building industry and the massive amount of businesses involved, it’s no small task to bring about a change to the culture in the industry. However, even if as one business we are able to create a drop in the pond then hopefully we can begin to see the culture change to one of integrity and where all parties prosper.”
Integrity Electrical’s mission is to bring a different and improved culture to the industry to counter the current corrupt culture that is prevalent within the constructions, trades and building industry.
Practically how we go about implementing this change to the culture is by operating the business in such a way that in every transaction we carry out, all parties involved come away from that transaction feeling like they have “had a win”. Breaking it down there are 4 main parties involved in the majority of transactions, and here is how we believe that we ensure each of these parties ‘has a win’:
- The Customer- ensuring that the customer does not get ripped off and is charged a fair price for the completed work. Also ensuring that the customer ends up with a finished job that exceeds their expectations.
- The Suppliers- looking after our suppliers by negotiating reasonable prices for the materials purchased from them. We want to make sure that our suppliers are able to run profitable businesses also, and if we are expecting them to sell us materials at the cheapest possible price and not able to make any margin on their sales then we are not supporting them. In turn our suppliers make sure they are looking after us with fair prices on the materials they provide us with.
- Integrity Electrical- building Long Term relationships with our clients is crucial as these are the lifeblood of our business. Having our clients recommend us to other potential customers.
- Our Staff/Employees – creating a workplace for our staff and employees where they are given every opportunity to progress and grow and are financially very well looked after.
If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you and partner with you in helping to change the culture in the industry.
If you would like to partner with us, please fill out this form